6 Tips to Prepare Your Cochranton Home for Snowstorms
Snowstorms are common for Cochranton, Pleasantville, Venus, and surrounding areas. It is important to prepare for the cold weather months to avoid water damage in your home. We have provided 6 tips to help you prepare for cold winter weather.
To prepare your home for a snowstorm, follow these steps:
- Stock up on essential supplies like food, bottled water, batteries, and a first aid kit.
- Insulate windows and doors to prevent cold air from entering. Use weatherstripping and insulation tape.
- Clear gutters and downspouts to avoid ice dams. Trim tree branches that could potentially fall on your property.
- Have a backup heating system, like a generator or fireplace, in case of power outages.
- Ensure your car has enough fuel and emergency supplies like blankets and a shovel.
- Monitor weather updates and follow any evacuation orders or advisories from local authorities.
If you experience water damage in your Cranberry, Meadville, Saegertown, or surrounding areas home, don’t hesitate to reach out to SERVPRO of Crawford/NE Venango Counties. We are available 24/7 for water damage disasters. For immediate assistance call (814) 350-7651 or visit our Website to learn more.